Dental Implants are used to replace missing roots, and support replacement teeth that may be attached to the implant.
Why choose a Dental Implant?
- Preserves facial structure-If a tooth is missing, it is normal for the bone around the area where the tooth once was to shrink. When an implant is placed the bone grows around the implant which makes it less likely for the bone to shrink.
- Saves healthy teeth- Replacing a missing tooth with a bridge requires the adjacent teeth to be prepped and crowned. When an implant is chosen to replace a missing tooth the adjacent teeth are not compromised to perform the procedure.
- A specialist will place the implant into the jawbone.
- After a few months the bone will start to bond to the implant.
- Your dentist will fabricate a permanent crown to go on top of the implant.
- In order to be eligible for an implant you must have enough jawbone to support the implant.
- You must be willing to see your specialist and dentist several times for the entire treatment to be completed.
- You must be in good general health and have a good oral hygiene routine.